Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Best Duct Tape Job EVER!!!

Okay.... SO... our mailbox is every young hooligan's dream!! Out in the middle of 2 driveways on a BIG WIDE street!! What more could a naughty person dream of?? Well - even though it is total white trash looking - I have always fixed the problem with Duct tape (a Halladay family tradition - started MANY, MANY years ago)! Every time my siblings come for a visit (because friends wouldn't think to be mean) they comment on the nice tape job and there is always a little mockery involved! As a side note, Darren has had nothing to do with the tape jobs he suggests getting a new mail box each time it gets hit and I was ALL for that the first 2-3 times but NOW... I am not going to keep paying for this expensive hooligan fun!! So, the last 3-4 times I have nicely (and not so stylishly - is that a word?) wrapped the shiney silver duct tape around the mailbox to hold it on!!
Well... the other day I was shopping for a school project for Marin at Michael's Crafts and "what to my wondering eye's should appear"??? - COLORED duct tape!!!! Even WHITE!! I quickly purchased a roll of white duct tape. Last weekend - the HOOLIGANS struck again!!! So - with my new WHITE duct tape, I created - MY BEST DUCT TAPE JOB EVER!!! (We're only a LITTLE worried that we can't shut the mailbox!)

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Very nice tape job! Does it have an invisible red target on it that only the hooligans can see?

Jyll said...

I'm impressed. I couldn't even tell until I really looked at your mailbox.

Laura said...

Mine need so work Lesa:)

SJ said...

IMPRESSIVE!
Sasha